Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Cat Scraps- Quilled Chain for Christmas

  When I was younger I used to make paper chains usually with red and green construction paper for a Christmas decoration that would get hung up(during Halloween you can use black paper). By taking strips of paper and making a loop and stapling the two ends together and then making a continuous chain by linking each loop together by sticking the paper strip in the last loop made and then looping that paper strip and stapling.

   This idea was inspired by: I was in a music store when I saw the large chain links made from sheet music. I looked at it and had cards on the brain and thought "I could do that and smaller for my cards!" I used Quilling paper for these and I used a full 24" strip of the two colors to make the length shown.
The red and white chain is featured in the Deck The Halls holiday cards, Check it out! Beautiful fun card.

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think of this idea and share any photos or results you have gotten from using this idea in your crafting!

Check out this blog if you want to see what I did with a chains that I used on one of my cards!
Deck The Halls

Allison, 100% lovable

No comments:

Post a Comment