Monday, November 8, 2010

Black Cat Scraps-Floral Masking

       I started off by making off the edges of the card with strips of copy/printer paper, strips cut to 1/2" wide.
The black cardstock used is from the neutrals stack from DCWV (textured). The floral images were achieved by placing 2 slice cut outs from the basic shapes season section and cut out from the same printer paper. I made sure that the cut outs were placed in the same mirrored positions on the front. all the masking was adhered by using Tombow Mono Temporary adhesive.

The next step was to use my Brilliance Archival pigment ink pad by Tsukineko, in Moonlight White and ink up all of the unmasked black cardstock. Once there is a good coverage all over it is time to take off the masks.

The last things I did was and faux stitching in the for of dot pattern, a black bow from ribbon, and to ink all of the edges of the cardstock with the Brilliance ink pad 

Supplies used:
Black textured cardstock (DCWV Naturals)
Ink-Moon Light White pigment ink pad (Archival Brilliance)
Slice - basic shapes w/ season (floral cut at 3 1/2"), spatula
Gel pen- white
Paper trimmer (Fiskars)
adhesives-craft glue, Tombow Mono temporary adhesive
Ribbon-black 1/8" (Offray)
Cutting mat (Martha Stewart)
Masking paper - printer/copy pape

No comments:

Post a Comment