Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Black Cat's "trick or treat" hand made card

Happy Halloween everyone, here is a simple and fun Halloween card that you can make. Make it exactly or use it for inspiration.
Here are the items used and the dimensions of the card.
 * 8.5" x 5.5" black cardstock from Recollections
* orange and red pattern paper from We R Memory Keepers - MVP
     O- 5 3/8"x 4 1/8"  R- strip 1/2" x 4 1/8", Hill 2 3/4" x 1/2, house 2 1/2" x 2 1/2   B- 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" 
* Stamps from Inkadinkado - All Hallow's Eve / Halloween
*Versa Mark - watermark pad
* clear embossing powder w/ glitter - from somewhere (not sure)
*Heat Gun -
*Acrylic blocks
* Tombow Mono permanent tape runner
* Staz-On Timber Brown permanent ink pad
*Black pen
*Versa Mark pen
*pop dots
*scissors



 
~ Started with a 8.5" x 5.5" piece of black cardstock from Recollections(which is just an 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock) and folded it in half to make a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card.
~ took an orange sheet of cardstock and cut it down to 1/8th smaller on the top and one side, size 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
~ stamped the front of the card with spider, pumpkin and spiderweb stamps in the Versa Mark ink pad.
~ then coated front of card in embossing powder and tapped off the excess.  applied heat with heat gun.
~ Glued orange embossed paper to the front of the card with the tape runner, keeping the side to the opening and bottom buttoned up completely to the edges of the papers.
~Then sketched a Haunted House on the back of the red patterned paper and cut it out with my scissors.
~I also took a 1/2" strip of the red paper and cut a hill shape and left a length of the strip to go across the card front over the orange.
~at this point I should have applied my embossing to the house now before attaching it to the card. I took the versa mark pen and went over the roof, the windows and the sides of the house. I used the same embossing powder for this. and heat.
~ I attached the 1/2" x 4 1/8" strip of paper to the card front about a 1/2 inch from the bottom.
~I then attached the house to the card, right on top of the strip I just stuck down, and used Pop Dots
~ I attached the hill to the house with the bottom of the hill hanging below the house, I used more pop dots to do this. one layer that is over the house and two layers on where it sits below the house.
~ I then stamp the Witch on her broom with Staz-on timber brown and i also stamp "Trick or Treat"
~ final touches, I add a piece of Blue pattern paper from the same pack and glue it to the inside of the card with tape runner. Size 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
~ last, I branded the back.

Thanks for watching the video and visiting my blog, You Rock, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment